Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 9 - Pre-Op Diet

I got my PB2 today.  Adding it to my protein shake makes a nice peanut butter/chocolate flavor.  Cause I'm getting bored of just plain chocolate and vanilla.  At GNC, they suggested adding cinnamon.  Now that also makes a nice change to the flavor!

It is a quiet day.  I think I'll take a walk.  I have a bit of shopping to do later today and a therapy session on my relationship to food.  It's complicated, that's what I'm finding out.  It does no good to get a band and then still struggle with the same old food issues that have caused me to become obese.

Sometimes it seems like too much.  This is lot of weight to loose.  I've tried it before.  What makes me think it will be different this time?

A friend gave me this Bible verse: "For whatever was thus written in former days was written for our instruction, that by [our steadfast and patient] endurance and the encouragement [drawn] from the Scriptures we might hold fast to and cherish hope." Romans 15:4 AMP

I need endurance and hope.  Both have to come from God.  That is my prayer for today, that the God-who-loves-me, Yahweh, will give me endurance for the race and hope for the finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment