Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 6 of Pre-Op Diet

Day 3: I saw my surgeon. If the skin cyst gets infected, surgery would be postponed. I am taking my antibiotics without fail! Pre-surgical testing is Monday morning. If anything is out if line that would also delay things. I did get all my questions answered. I've stayed on the diet and I am ready for the change to come.

Day 4: Friday was class and I thought I'd planned well. Plans seem destined for complications. I ended up with really low blood sugar and I was a bit grumpy. Probably my worse day physically so far on the diet.

Day 5: Saturday was just busy. Definitely experienced the future of living with someone who doesn't have food restrictions! It was much better to wait until afternoon to run errands.

I went to a special prayer service. Praying for others is such a blessing. Lyrics of a song struck me- "Your faithfulness is my reward" and I thought about how many times I've used food as a reward. Even last week, I bribed myself with a manicure/pedicure thinking I was being good about food, but in fact I still have my priorities mixed up.

Day 6: Sunday I went to church. What a blessing to worship and leave all the baggage of life, all the eating concerns and surgery issues behind. I got the chewable meds I needed and got more spices, especially cinnamon. I found that if I add cinnamon to both the chocolate and vanilla protein shakes it's pretty great tasting!

So I'm relaxing tonight. My 300 calorie dinner was delicious: lemon-lime pangasius fish, and from Trader Joe's a rice medley and fire roasted vegetables. Quite full and satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment