Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 4 Post-Op

Stiff and sore! The real reason they tell you to get up and walk is so you don't freeze up. I woke up stiff and got out of bed with a headache and nausea. Slept a bit in the chair but feel about the same. Yesterday wasn't too bad and I definitely sleep better at home, but I'm ready for the healing to begin!

Everyone tells me I have courage. Hmmm. I don't feel particularly courageous. Yes, I'm making changes in my life. Yes, I'm dealing with bad habits and turning things around. I'm giving myself a tool that can help me with a healthier life. Courage? Not sure that's the right word.

The surgery was on schedule Monday morning. I slept thru most if the day. I knew I was staying one night. I didn't sleep well in the hospital- alarms kept going off.

Tuesday morning I was tired, sore and needing breathing treatments. I had nothing by mouth all of Monday and Tuesday morning, so I was thankful for that first sip if water. Tea, broth and jello rounded out my gourmet diet that day. Late afternoon it was clear that it was my call on staying another night. My doctor cleared me for pureed foods! I ordered three one ounce servings. I got down about one half ounce and felt full. Thirty minutes later when I could have water I realized the band worked! I felt full on less food! Yes!

I did get in several walks yesterday and went to the support group. Nice start to my new life and journey to axsize 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment