Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 8- Pre-Op Diet

I got my pre-op testing done yesterday, which delayed my protein drink. My mid-afternoon snack was not the most satisfying. My choice: to eat more or not. I waited 15 minutes and then chose baby carrots and hummus, a 50 calorie add-on that did satisfy. Then I misread the carb/serving size and ended up with extra calories for dinner. I came in about 200 calories too high for the day. I think, all in all, I made good choices in dealing with this: carrots and hummus- good choice. And then I didn't beat myself up about the misread for dinner. Yeah for me!
Today I need to focus on feelings and eating: why do I eat mindlessly at times, what emotions trigger over eating, and what would Jesus give me to heal and change my eating issues. My relationship to food is complicated. It has developed for 60 years and for the majority of the time, resulted in weight gain.
Prayer, counseling and ministry are what I need today as well as meditating on what I've discovered so far.
This is my hard day, schedule-wise. I either have to eat dinner early or very late. I'm going to try an early dinner, saving a snack for after my meeting. I'm also off caffeine starting today. Should be a glorious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment