Thursday, September 15, 2011

Anger and Frustration

It seems to be a difficult day so far. Day 10 of the Pre-Op diet. Last night I was grumpy and tired with a headache. I wanted to eat as if eating would take care of those problems. I did not give in to temptation. Then I went to bed cold. I woke up very early, cold. Turns out the temp dipped low last night and we were still set to A/C. This morning I've been groggy and cold. And now I feel deep in me a smoldering anger or frustration. I'm just not sure why!

I wonder if a low calorie, high protein diet effects my post-menopausal ability to warm my body? Maybe I'm just cold. And without caffeine. Maybe this is about caffeine withdrawal?

I think a bit of it is impatience. Will Monday and surgery and an end to this Pre-Op diet never come?

I guess there is more stress in me right now than I realized!

Venting helped. A little.

What did David do when he was frustrated with Saul? He vented to Gid. Then he listened. Then he worshipped the Most High. I will do as David did. Off to listen and worship now.

No comments:

Post a Comment