Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 6 Post-Op

Monday morning and rain, but I am feeling so much better! The UTI is under control and my intestines have calmed down. The pain is much less as well.
Yesterday, I did more of a pureed diet: scrambled eggs and pears for lunch, pork tenderloin and carrots for dinner. I felt full all day, but had very bad heartburn at night. Today I'll stay on liquids and see if that helps.
I went down and up the stairs before my hubbie left for work. A bit of effort to come up but very doable, so I hope to do some photo editing today. That will be good for my mental health!
I must have been out of it last week as I didn't record my appt with the surgeon on Wed. Oh well, that's what the phone is for.
I didn't make it to church which was disappointing. Getting ready in the morning takes so much time, plus I can't yet wear my bra because of the lovely red rash I have, and my intestines were still a bit iffy. To bad church isn't today or tomorrow as I could handle it now.
I'm hoping to find a break in the rain for a walk. It really does help and I'm tired of the house right now. Not driving yet, so I'm limited to my neighborhood I guess.
I've been avoiding the scale. I had gained weight while in the hospital, which I assume is gas and fluids. But even on about 500 calories a day, weight is not falling off. I know it is really way to early to see results, as my activity level is very low. I'm not hungry. I like the protein shakes. I add in jello, broth and my chocolate banana tofu pudding for variety and overall, find myself thinking if food very little, which surprises me.
Patience is what I need right now, as well as not over-planning my how-tos on life with a band- it is just too early to say how it will effect me.
I am eager to jump back into activities and life- but don't yet have the energy to do so, which is probably for the best. My health cannot be strained right now- I have to heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment