Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 2 of Pre-Op Diet

Yesterday was eventful - in some ways good and in some ways not so good.  I did manage to stay on the diet but between 4-5pm and 9-10pm I was hungry and it took all that was in me to stay away from eating. 

I saw my doctor for my pre-op "health and physical dictation" that the hospital requires.  The good news: I am stopping the metformin now!  I think I measure success for weight loss by how many pills I can reduce or eliminate once my weight loss takes away symptoms.  On the other hand, I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and a skin cyst, so I am now on anti-biotics.  The sinus headache got to me in the evening and I didn't get anything done, including this blog entry.

I went and got a few things I needed for the pre-op and post-op diet.  It's a shame I couldn't get everything at one store!

In the afternoon, it was the hour-long phone interview with a nurse from the hospital to determine which pre-op tests I need.  It is better than having to go in for an appointment.

I had a therapy session in the afternoon to discuss my relationship with food.  What good is the lap-band if I continue to turn to food when my emotions are rocky?  That got me thinking - when I'm upset or stressed, I eat "mindlessly" and when I feel my life is out of control, I eat, well, out of control.  This has to stop!

I had planned a "reward" for myself if I stayed on the pre-op diet for a week: a manicure and for two weeks: a pedicure.  Then I found out I can't have polish on my nails for surgery.  The issue is - why do I think I HAVE to reward myself for doing what is right and good for me?

I good night's sleep and Tylenol for the headache - that was what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment