Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 3 - Post Surgery

I'm starting to feel more "normal" - the allergic reaction is gone; there are no more symptoms of UTI; the pain is much less at the incisions; I'm walking 30 minutes without a problem; and I slept last night!  Hooray!

I'm also not hungry, nor do I think of food all the time.  I don't expect this to last - that is what Lap-Band adjustments are for.  But right now, it is a good place to be.  I'm also not so naive to think all my problems and issues are "gone" - just hidden for a bit while my body heals.

I'm up to 3 oz. of protein [last night poached salmon - yum!] and 1/2 cup of veggies.  I have 1/2 cup of fruit once or twice a day.  Yesterday I had about 750 calories of food.  That doesn't seem a lot to my mind and experience, but was very satisfying for me yesterday.

Today my job is to find one piece of paper from 2010 that the IRS needs.  Now that is a challenge!  My filing is WAY behind and what should be an easy task is made hard by my procrastination.  No, I do not like filing.  I sort and box and hope I don't have to hunt for that one piece of paper, but it has come down to the necessity.

It's actually hard for me to think about my relationship to food right now.  There are so many foods that I just can't have right now, physically, while I heal.  Fortunately, they don't even seem appetizing.  Others who had surgery around the same time as me tell a different story.  So why is it different for me?  I have no idea.  It may be that the allergic reaction and infection have delayed the issue for me and I am "behind" on recovery.  In the mean time, I will enjoy this reprieve from my food issues and go one day by day, eating what is nutritionally required and not obsessing over what I cannot have.

Sigh.  A good place to be.  It has to be the Lord - I can't see any other solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment